Last year I only finished 5 of the 10 things I put on my list so lets see if I can do any better this year. Could I put more thought in this? Oh sure but I’m just too lazy to really try to work through tons of life data when in reality I don’t have a clue what’s going to happen. So without wasting any more of your time, my To-Do list for 2013…in no particular order.
1. Read More. I use to read alot but reading isn’t very social. So instead of reading I’d just watch something on TV with my wife. Mind you our TV viewing hours barely gets above 8hrs a week and that usually means my wife and I got to see a movie on Sat night after the kids were in bed. But I think it would be nice to read a bit more and if I do it next to my wife as she does some work remotely, we all win.
2. Buy a Yixing Pot. A what? A Yixing Pot to be used for brewing only green tea. I’ll let Wiki explain it. I’ve noticed a difference between my Chatsford pot and my Gaiwan when brewing Oolong and everyone says once you get a yixing for green and such you’ll love it, So I’m going for it.
3. This one is going to be so out there it’s not going to make any sense. Making it even weirder is I don’t even know if I can already do it. So what is “IT”? Find out how much I can bench press and see if I can do my own body weight. Yeah I’ve been hitting the weights again and having fun doing so. I have no idea if I’ll stick with this or not but I’ll through it out there. And yes I know, getting a good max press doesn’t help my triathlon results one bit.
4. Make relish. Seriously I never had a chance given the weather so I’m putting it on my list again hopes the second time is the charm.
5. Build a smaller Sifter that fits perfectly over my raised beds. The challenge will be to make it fit all the boxes since ..I …er .. um… may have not been the most accurate person the day I built the boxes.
6. Build my own tomato cages since I’m getting sick of the trellis results. Organic Gardening mag showed how to get to make your own and I gotta say, it looks rather straight forward.
7. Build a better Pea cage set up thingy. I don’t need a full-on trellis system since the peas don’t climb that high but the ones I’ve tried haven’t really worked all that well.
8. Try to finish last years half finished song.
9. Ride 2000 miles. I think I was off by around 400 miles this past yr so why not add this to my list. Back in the day before children, wife, house, cutting grass, etc etc 3000 was pretty much the norm. Not so much any more. So like I said, lets see if we can hit 2000.
10. See if I can give up making dumb lists.